Friday 2 November 2012

So it's been a while since I wrote anything on here, Due to a very busy schedule and being far too lazy to make the time to sit and write. But I promise that will change.
Copyright Matt Hind

The past 6months has brought an immense amount of change and endless exciting opportunities, I have to pinch myself daily! It has been, and will be an incredible future 12months, and I look forward to sharing it with you all!

September and October I was asked to fly back to the USA (following my performances at BHoF in Las Vegas in June 2012)
The first stop was to New Orleans, the home of Jazz, Blues and Grind, a magical city, albeit a little creepy. The hairs on the back of my neck stood on end constantly. It was like going back in time, horses and carts, 17th century filigree balconies, winding ivy, and ghosts wandering the street at night.
I was asked to perform and compete at the Bad girl's Show and The Queen of Burlesque. I had met all of the contestants at the BHoF, so the tension was certainly a little lower than it had been in June.
Copyright Matt Hind
A kick ass show, I was given the opportunity to meet my idols, rock another stage and get the banbury name out State Side.

My second trip came 2 weeks after my flight touched down from Dixie. Los Angeles! I was being flown to recreate the immortal images of Eve Arnold on the set of the misfits in the Salt Flats near to 29 Palms, CA.

It was hot, but I couldn't complain, dressed in designer denim, singing blues with the real life mustang hustlin' cowboys, it was bliss.
The week was full of an assortment of shoots, all based around Marilyn.. working out, drinking milk, on the beach.
I also went to visit Marilyn at Westwood Memorial. Recharge my spiritual batteries and let her know that I was still on track. So amazing being there again! When I move, I will visit everyday.

Copyright Matt Hind
I am currently working my new act for my US tour next year! Bullwhippin' and Nude Orleans! Bring it on!

The photographs will be featured in Men's File (Style magazine, denim issue) out in January.

That's my little quickie update. Stay tuned for more exciting adventures soon!



All images Copyright Matt Hind DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION

No comments:

Post a Comment