Tuesday 20 November 2012

Search for the perfect body

I do pride myself on being toned, having a wash board stomach and an ass that could crack walnuts, 

However As I have gotten older these things have changed and I have found myself struggling to keep the body that I once had. This could be a number of factors such as fluctuating weight, making my metabolism shot. Varying levels of exercise, being really lazy one day they little miss fit freak the next. the list goes on...

I recently started my hoop training again, which is amazing for over all fitness and toning, however my body seems to be changing in a way that I don;t like and so I need to figure out a way making the change a positive one. Counteracting the weight training with cardio! Laying off of the protein (except when I need it) 

I recently had to go gluten and lactose free, to establish the causes for my horrible skin. So this inspired me to eat better, I no longer reach for the junk food and instead I'm stuffing myself with steamed courgette! nom nom

In an attempt to look after myself and get my body back to the way I like it, here is my daily routine: 

I start the day with a green Smoothie, full of nutrients and far better for you than a bad bowl of cereal (Though I do eat gluten free!) 



The only modification I made to the original recipe was to remove the banana and replace with pineapple (fat burner) and add ginger and coriander. Coriander is really good for detoxifying the skin!  


Ingredients:
1 heaping cup chopped kale leaves
1 heaping cup spinach leaves,
1/2 cup coriander1 1/2 cups almond/soya/hemp milk
1t chopped ginger
1 cup pineapple chunks
1 T peanut butter

Directions:
Remove kale leaves from the center stalk and tear into chunks.  Remove any thick spinach stems.  In a blender mix kale, spinach and milk until smooth.  Add ginger pineapple and peanut butter and blend thoroughly. 

Serves 2... or one giant smoothie

I have this with a slice of Wholemeal gluten free toast. 
Lunch I eat protein to feed my muscles after Yogalaties, Fish, nuts, avocado, a big wholesome salad! You name it! It's so easy being healthy! 

I drink that while I do my 40mins of Pilates or Yoga. Pilates is great for building muscle tone and yoga for lengthening the muscles. Making you look long and lean. (in theory)
I will continue to do this for the next couple of weeks and report back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment